First, you must be provisioned for access.
- Log into the SEI Developer Portal
- Click on the MyApps header item and select ADD App
- Enter required information
- Choose an API product(s) from those available to you and create an App.
- NOTE: If you do not have access to a particular API, please contact APISolutions@seic.com to request access per the terms of your signed contract.
Please view Getting Started for more information.
The MyApps page displays all the apps you have created and their approval status. Click on the App name to expand it and display more details.
First, ensure you have registered an App and that it has been approved.
After logging in, navigate to the MyApps page, click on the "Details" button within the desired App, and click the eye symbols for both Consumer Key and Consumer Secret to unhide the values.
- Navigate to My Apps.
- Click on "Details" within the App name and you will be brought to a detailed page.
- Click the down arrow on the right side of the page and press the option to "Delete".
Deleting an application in Developer Portal will lead to the deleting of the application, related keys and any metadata. Application Developers will need to add the application again (same name/different name), with the required Products. This will lead to new key / secret generation. The Application Developer will need to configure his applications to use the new key / secret values.
Please refer to our Contact Us page for assistance.
If the error is while invoking an API, please see below troubleshooting steps:
• Ensure you are using a Base64 encoded version of the AppKey and Secret value
• Ensure your key/secret was not refreshed by SEI upon your Manager’s request; if so, the current values will no longer work to invoke any of the accessible APIs
• Ensure there are no typos
• Ensure you are using the correct environment. Our Test environment base url is: https://test.api.seic.com/ while our Production environment base url is https://api.seic.com/
• Ensure the quota was not exceeded
• Please note the error message and refer to the Error Handling FAQ section. We try to keep our errors informative enough to point out an exact solution.
If your problem persists, please contact SEI and provide us with the Request Tracking ID located in the response header.
To obtain access to a specific product, please contact your SEI Client Relationship Manager or email APISolutions@seic.com.
API keys are a way to authenticate applications consuming APIs from the SEI Developer Portal. Upon registering an application with SEI Developer Portal, a consumer key and secret pair is generated. This serves as an application identifier and is unique to each application registered with the Developer Portal. The key/secret must be encoded base 64 to be utilized to obtain an OAuth Token.
No, the API Key/Secret pair is unique to every application. Each application must have its own API key/secret. An App developer can register more than one application to obtain additional API keys/secrets.
Deleting an application in Developer Portal will lead to the deleting of the application, related keys and any metadata. Application Developers will need to add the application again with the required products. This will lead to new key/secret generation. The Application Developer will need to configure his applications to use the new key/secret values.
No, an API key/secret pair cannot expire. With an official request with valid reasons, an existing pair can be deactivated and a new value can be generated for a registered application.
Any requests to invalidate or regenerate API Key/secret pair need to be submitted via email to SEI. Please click HERE to obtain contact information for SEI Developer Portal